What is OHSAS 18002?
OHSAS 18002:2008 helps organizations with the implementation of OHSAS 18001:2007. It contains more pages than OHSAS 18001 because it provides a great deal of useful information such as:
- It quotes each requirement from OHSAS 18001
- It provides an explanation of the requirement
- It contains guidance on how to meet the specific requirement.
- The clause numbering is identical to the clauses in OHSAS 18001
- It includes all of 18001:2007 in the same document.
OHSAS 18002:2008 is an international standard that is developed by the OHSAS project Group, an association that includes government agencies, certification bodies, national standards, industry associations, and consultants. The British Standards Institution (BSI) currently provides the Secretariat of the OHSAS Project Group. (Read about the History of OHSAS 18001)
By controlling the OH&S risks that are consistent with their OH&S policy and objectives, organizations can achieve and demonstrate sound health and safety performance and stewardship.
- Buy copy of the OHSAS 18002 Standard
- Basics of OHSAS 18001 Tutorial
- See What is an OHSMS for more information.
- Review Comparisons:
In response to customer demand for guidance on the implementation of an occupational health and safety management system that can be objectively assessed, credibly certified, and recognized internationally, the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) standards are developed for use by all types of organizations and industries.