What is an OHSMS? Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Here is a basic summary of the outline (defined in the OHSAS 18001 requirements document):
- Review the operational health and safety hazards.
- Assess the risks associated with them.
- Determine the controls necessary to mitigate the impacts/risks.
- Define goals for health and safety performance.
- Create a plan to achieve the goals.
- Monitor performance against targets and goals.
- Report the results.
- Review the OHSMS results and continuously improve.
Not every system will present these steps in exactly the same way, but the basic principles are the same.
Purchase our OHSMS Package: