OHSAS 18000 Family of Standards
The family of OHSAS standards is made up of two standards:
- OHSAS 18001:2007, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Requirements
- Buy Copy of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Read “What is OHSAS 18001“
- OHSAS 18002:2008, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems –
Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Buy Copy of OHSAS 18002:2008
- Read “What is OHSAS 18002“
- Read “What is an OHSMS?”
A reference publication the International Labor organization provides guidelines onoccupational health and safety management systems (OHS-MS).
In countries around the world, Health and Safety Agencies write health and safety regulations and laws that organizations must follow. Compliance to the guidelines outlined in OHSAS 18002 does not preclude meeting the applicable legal obligations.
NOTE: Organizations do not register to OHSAS 18001 as a series, but they will help an organization implement an OHSMS, audit properly, but ONLY register to OHSAS 18001:2007.