What is ISO 18000 or ISO 18001?
Part 1: Reference architecture and definition of parameters to be standardized
- It is not related in any way to OHSAS 18000 safety management system standard.
ISO 18001 – Information technology – Radio frequency identification for item management – Application requirements profiles
- This is not related to OHSAS 18001:2007 safety mangement system standard.
ISO 18000 is most often confused with OHSAS 18000 and OHSAS 18001. ISO 18000 is not OHSAS 18000.
People often think that OHSAS 18001:2007 was developed by theInternational Standards Organization (ISO) since it is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act model, common to ISO 9001and ISO 14001. (Compare OHSAS 18001 to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001)
However, it was developed by the OHSAS project Group, and The British Standards Institution (BSI) currently provides the Secretariat of the OHSAS Project Group.
- What is an OHSMS?
- History of OHSAS 18001
- Benefits of OHSAS 18001
- Intro to OHSAS 18001 gives more information help OHSAS 18001.
The OHSAS 18000 family has two main standards:
- OHSAS 18001:2007, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems-Requirements,
- OHSAS 18002:2008, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems-Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001:2007.
- What is OHSAS 18002?